After a year of limited travel and restrictions on visiting friends and family, people are beginning to embark on their first post-pandemic trips. Summer is just around the corner and vaccinated individuals are wanting to make up for lost vacation time and canceled trips. So, with more planes in the sky and more bags packed, that leaves us with the question — where are our users going?
Are our frequent flyers going international for the first time since early 2020? Or will they continue to stay closer to home? Let’s take a closer look at our in-app search data to find out. From May 1 to June 7, here are the destinations our users are bookmarking.
The top five:
- Los Angeles International Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran International Airport
- Miami International Airport
- Orlando International Airport
- Atlanta International Airport
Domestic travel is still the preferred route currently, with most travelers longing to go somewhere warm and sunny with proximity to large cities, amusement parks, nightlife and entertainment options. Our travelers are ready to get back out there and enjoy their summer vacations in some of the best cities the U.S. has to offer.
The other top searched destinations are:
- Cancun International Airport
- San Juan Luis Munoz Marin International Airport
- Fort Lauderdale International Airport
- Denver International Airport
- Honolulu Daniel K Inouye International Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
- Dallas Fort Worth International Airport
- New York City airports
- Tampa International Airport
- San Diego International Airport
- Seattle International Airport
- Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Montego Bay Jamaica Sangster International Airport
- San Francisco International Airport
- Newark Liberty International Airport
Users are planning to stay domestic, ready to return to larger destinations and cities, as well as common high-traffic tourist destinations.
Overall, the point is clear… Summer is here and vaccinated people are ready to go on vacation. Whether that is a family trip to Disney World, a relaxing beach vacation in Cancun, a wild weekend in Las Vegas, a city trip to New York or a beach vacation in Hawaii, families and friends are once again getting together to explore new places and enjoy the wonderful benefits of travel.
It’s time to start planning your next journey, and you can join the millions of other travelers searching for their next flight with App in the Air. We see a light at the end of the tunnel, but we’re not out of the woods quite yet. That’s why we continue to prioritize our health and safety features, from seat vacancies to terminal cleanliness. With App in the Air, you can get back to their favorite places easier and safer than ever before.
Don’t have the app? Download it at: appintheair.com.